About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Of THOSE Kinda Weeks

I have to say that I have had enough of the damn snow to last me for awhile. So far this winter we have gotten over 182 inches as recorded out on the West side, but considering that I live on the East side, and in an area that lays in a mountain pass, I have gotten considerably more, and I have gotten more than my fair share of wind to go along with it. I havent seen the dirt in my yard since Thanksgiving, and just when I thought it was going to melt enough so that I could actually park near the front door again and not have to hike my groceries in from the front gate, we got another 10 inches that buried us again. I am sure my cries of,"DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!!" were heard miles away.
I was sick that past weekend, not just sniffles sick, I was stomach flu sick. Pukeing, body aching, running to the bathroom every little bit and eventually crawling to the bathroom and finally dry heaving into a trash can sick. My 5 year old had to bring me Koolaid to drink because I was to sick and weak to get up and make tea or anything. I am still weak as hell and grumpy and I feel like the worst pub-crawling hangover ever has come back to haunt me, but I had to go and dig my van out today and go to town to get some milk for the kids and take the youngest to the dentist.I have come to believe that there is nothing worse than being sick when you are the sole adult caregiver, I had 3 sick children, one of whom was spewing copious amounts at both ends and missing the commode and trash cans, and 4 large dogs that never seemed to be able to coordinate their needs at the same time, and on of them just decided to see to their needs in my hallway, leading my best dog, Fergus to promptly jump on them and beat them up when I started scolding them. It was mayhem, chaos and an all around miserable experience, but on the bright side, I have decided to put either laminate or tile in the hallway now. I still have no appetite so in the past 3 days all I have managed to keep down is less than half a cup of noodles.
Work on my house has pretty much come to a screeching halt, I was supposed to be getting the flooring put in this past week, but due to the new snow, that will most likely be pushed back another few weeks and we will be stuck walking on the sub-flooring for a few more weeks.
My life is never dull, its not always exciting, but its never dull. The constant crisis wears on me after a while, but at least I always have something to do. The good news,(I guess) about being sick this past week, is that I lost weight again. I am down to 107 again, and I hope to be able to enjoy wearing my skinny jeans with my nice new fatbaby boots, once the snow melts enough for me to wear them, right now I have to wear my clunky ole Sorrells so that I can wade to my van and back with my jeans still sort of dry.
I have decided that when I do get a chance to move or get out of here, it is going to be to someplace greener and warmer, I am tired of everything being in shades of white and tan and grey and I wish I could just wander in a deep green forest or lay in a nice meadow of green grass, or hell, even a nice nap on a warm beach right about now would be nice, anything but SNOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment