About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dear Roger;So I Name Inanimate Objects, That Doesnt Make Me Weird, Thats Just Texan

Chance and I had a bit of a discussion last night over the fact that he is of the opinion I am a bit ,"Odd". Now I may be, and thats fine, I own my oddness or weirdness and thats always been something I am proud of, but he tries to claim that I am embarrassing him and ruining his,'Game". I tend to remind him that he is 14 years old and as such, she should not even have a ,"Game" yet, as he cant drive and isn't allowed to date yet, so there is no,"Game" to be worried about, but he still finds me embarrassing, and I guess that some of my behaviors might be a bit off-putting to teens, but it could be worse. I am not getting arrested and ending up on COPS, I dont run around with my boobs hanging out or wearing booty shorts and hitting on his friends, I am not a drunk, out at the bars every night of the week, staggering home with a different flavor of the week boyfriend. Nope, I just do things like wear the wrong clothes, do my hair the wrong way, get a little wound up on occasion and twitch or stutter when I am angry or nervous,listen to the wrong music, and I tend to give inanimate objects names.
I have had the nickname,"Calamity" for many, many, years, and I dont have a problem with it. I write under that name on a few websites, and its a long running source of humor with people who know me and the life that I have led, so it is more of a compliment to me than a source of shame, and when I am playing a 1:1combat game I use it because its fun to go in and kick some guys tail, take all his goodies and then let him find out that a middle aged chick is running that name. My favorite truck was named,'Wild Bill", and it was an awesome truck that survived rolling down the side of the I-40, 4 times in a blizzard into a ravine, without killing me, and I even drove it for a few months after that until a dumb ass roommate wrecked it on the way back to Yuma. My favorite pistol was named,"Duke" and that was a truly wonderful .45 that I still miss. Now my home security consists of a Louisville slugger that is named ," Major Jack" and when Chance asked me why I call it that I told him that if I ever had to his anyone with it they were going to get majorly jacked up, and he just groaned and shook his head. I actually had a hell of a swing with the expandable baton when I was a deputy and it was my favorite go to weapon. My favorite boots are,'the guys" and what is funny is that my other kids know what I am talking about when I ask them to go get,"the guys" for me. My BOB had a name, but im not gonna go into that, it was really private and since he is no longer with us due to the unfortunate accidental abandonment and then discovery by my ex, I will just mourn him quietly and smoke a cigarette in his memory while I shop online for a replacement.
Oddness,weirdness, and strangeness has been a part of me my whole life. I have always been ,'Different" and strange and weird and I kinda like it that way, and when kinds used to try and use that as a way to hurt me when I was in school, I just got weirder and pushed their boundaries a little further. I was a pretty tough fighter for being a bit of a runt, because I tend to lose my mind when pushed too far or when someone hits me first, but most of the time I was able to just dazzle them with the fact I could out think them and talk my way out of any problems. My son thinking I am weird is normal, hes a boy and I actually think hes pretty weird, but then that is the nature of the beast. He does a lot of things I find disturbing and distressing and just plain gross and strange, but that other parents of teen, adolescent and even 20something y/o boys tell me that is perfectly normal, but YECH! Some things I just didn't want to know or observe first hand or find in the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment