About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dear Roger: Moving Forward

my son playing at the Baptism.
Whew! What a busy day that was! And to add to the fun of it all, was the change to Daylight Savings time. I really hate the Spring Forward B/S because telling 4 kids they are losing and hour of sleep is like trying to take their candy away from them. Its even kicked my butt a little bit and I am always awake at 0500 every morning anyway.
Her birthday and baptism seemed to go pretty good, other than I screwed up the video taping of the actual baptism and only managed to capture snippets of it. She had a momentary bit of panic, she cant swim and it was a pretty big tank, she was surrounded by men and it was a bit overwhelming. I brought her the monkey, she cuddled it, he was sat on the edge of the tank so she could see him and then all was well.
Her brother played guitar for her. I managed to capture two songs he played and I was amazed he didn't track me down and try to drown my phone and me with it. He hates being video taped and even getting pictures of him is a major event nowadays.
She had a pretty good birthday with some nice presents from friends, and cards and other presents are slowly drifting in from all over the place and that tickles her to death, she loves getting mail and that gives her something to look forward to every day. She knows she has some pictures of her favorite boys coming in, so she has cleared space on the wall by her bed for them and she bugs me to check the mail about every hour.
She got quite a few Facebook posting and tweets from friends and all kinds of greetings and such. She tweeted Jackson, but got no response and I really didn't expect she would. I am afraid he is just not going to be there for her anymore and though it may be a painful thing for her to realize, especially since that has been the story with every other man in her life, I think its best she just understand now that its best not to count on men for anything, including a kind word. Shes a strong kid and I want her to be stronger. Knowing not to count on anyone for anything including kindness, is the best way to be. I know it sounds cynical, but it will keep her from getting hurt by anyone or anything in the future. She already knows not to expect anything from her father, she is learning her brother is more interested in his girlfriend than spending time with her, and her other brothers will push her out of the way to get the treats first, so she is learning to push back.
She is a very sweet and optimistic and loving child, but that can only go so far. So many times of her father telling her,"I cant do anything for you because I'm broke", or " Hey, Where is your brother, can I talk to him" when he calls have served to make her resent him. She kept herself busy yesterday chatting with people on FB and twitter and playing games with her brothers as well as working ahead in some of her classes, so it was a typical day for her. She tells me that she doesn't feel any older, but maybe a little wiser.
Our favorite band released a new single yesterday and even without the two boys we were used to having in it, I have to say, it is probably some of their best work! I loved it and spent a big chunk of the day tweeting about it and trying to get folks to pay attention to how great it is so hopefully it will spark a tour from them. Daughter loved it and quickly found the rhythm and was dancing around and singing and clapping to it so I think ,"City Of Bones", was a hit at least in her eyes, I know we are excited for the album.
Son reminded me that I am next in the birthday roster. I turn 43 next month. Not something I am looking forward to considering that the plans I had to go back to Texas for my High School reunion have been shot to hell by the ex due to me having to play catch up with all the bills he left me footing. It will just be another day, but after than I get a break on the whole birthday/holiday fiasco until Sticky turns 12 in August. That one will be one that will be a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment