About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dear Roger: Work It Boy! Girl! Uh?! Its Burlesque, Who The Hell Knows?

I went out Thursday night with my boys. Yes, let that little bit of news sink in, I WENT OUT! I was sitting on my couch in the early evening with Benny sprawled across my track pants clad lap,scrolling through Tumblr, texting back and forth with one of my guys about the hissy fit my eldest son was throwing about something that I had done that had made him mad, and my friend who is gay was making me laugh by speculating that my sons behavior was very gay in itself. All in all, a typical evening faced me. After a bit he reached his home and the texting stopped so I went about my business of talking to friends on twitter and refereeing fights among the kids when suddenly my phone sounded with the song,"Secrets" which is my guys ringtone. I was surprised but figured they needed something for their apartment or had some question, but it was the one I had been texting with and he said,"How soon can you be ready to go? Would you like to go to an all male Burlesque show in downtown Portland?" I was stunned almost into silence and then he said,"Dress flashy maybe you'll get laid!" I was dressed and out the door in less than 10 minutes.
It was AWESOME! A grown up night out with a couple of guys I trust and enjoy the company of, and the show was really cool. It wasn't just full on strippers, (though there was plenty of that), there were a couple of really talented singers, a couple of gymnasts that were amazing to watch, and some really great dancers, but the act that stole the show for me were Isiah and Ezekiel. They are a team of an over 6'4 black man and a maybe 5'2 Asian man who dance together and strip and its the hottest thing I have seen in well...wow.
The guys and I sat at a table in the very front and we were surrounded by friends of the burlesque troupe so that made for a very interesting night as they all seemed to be well oiled and indulging in all kinds of substances and each other as the night went on, but it just added to the ambiance of the night. It was a scene that would have blown my very conservative sons mind but I loved it! I tipped and tipped well, made no bones about the fact I was damn sure looking and enjoying things.
We had a great time, laughed a lot, talked about all kinds of things that would have shocked people who think they know me, and I am really looking forward to going again. Our collected New Years resolution was to get out and start living more and this was just the start of it, and while it was a wild start, it was an awesome start! I got flirted with as we were getting ready to leave, and while I appreciated the attention that at least let me know I sort of hit the,"Flashy" mark, im still not into younger women.

No comments:

Post a Comment