About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dear Roger: Weak

I had been doing good, in fact I had made it almost a full month without going back to any of the old haunts or  looking him up or even sending him an email. I wasn't listening to too many sad songs, and in fact I was busily pissing people off by questioning things that they thought I should not question because the things I had learned from him had taught me to be aware that things were not adding up and I should be asking questions.
Life was going on. I was sitting on the couch, talking to my son and a couple of people online, arguing with my dog who was trying to shove me off the couch, and considering canceling my trip to Las Vegas, when my phone rang. My son grabbed the phone because I was trying to keep my computer from falling off the couch and he looked at the number and said,"Who would be calling you from Arizona?" My heart began pounding. I knew right away. I guess the look on my face said it all and my son got angry and wanted to cancel the call but I grabbed the phone. I caved. I talked to him. God...it was so good to hear his voice. Ive missed him like a junkie misses a fix. He had missed me too. We talked about a lot of things, mainly about the fact we have been friends too long to stop. I felt better after I talked to him, in fact, I felt empowered, like some of the old me had crept back in and I took that the next morning and I didn't just tweet my questions about the issues that were concerning me, oh noooo! I posted a question, very publicly on Facebook, asking the people in the know, what the hell was going on and why no one was communicating with the fans about the lack of announcements regarding the band and such for the concert I was supposed to be going to at the end of the month, the concert that I had a chunk of change invested in because I have a non-refundable ticket that I cant even give to anyone else and that to even change the date on costs more than the ticket is worth,so when my gut instinct started telling me that something is not right, I was pre-law when I dropped out of Grad-school, I have been around the block a time or two and I know how things get, so when the went radio silence on the fans, I knew the feces had impacted the fan and it was getting ugly. I asked a very respectful and for me, tame question, and I actually got a fuckton of people messaging me and thanking me for having the balls to ask it, and I was met with  a bit o hostility and snarkiness and then BOOM! my post was erased and my ass was booted from the club. Fuck you very much. Its fine with me, I was quitting the same time I was getting booted so I think we crossed each other in cyberspace. I didn't follow the chick on twitter so I had no idea she was being snotty about it on there, which is fine, and probably a good thing, because as it was, my son made me go take a walk outside so I would quit pacing and ranting. I guess I said,"Bitches be crazy" a few times and ranted about how women fuck up bands and such, but hes heard all that from me before. I cant believe I made it that long being polite as I did.If you cant ask a question without people freaking the fuck out, that tells me a hell of a lot, and it told a few other people what they needed to know, so thank GOD I manged to save a few other folks the hassle of getting plane tickets that are worthless to them now. So I wont be celebrating my birthday again this year? Big freaking deal, its the same as the past decade or so. I've decided Ill just be 29 for the 14th time and rewind my life to that point, but keep the kids.
My stray was missing yesterday. I worried about him too. I want to help him soo damn bad. I don't know what to do other than to keep feeding him, try to make sure hes okay when I see him and offer what help I can. Hes usually dozing when I see him. I don't know if he doesn't sleep well at night or if its horse. I hope its just because hes not sleeping well at night. I'm taking him a notebook, pen, envelopes and stamps, today if I can find him, along with the food, that way if hes got some other family he can write, maybe they can take him in. I tried to find out if the airline ticket I have would transfer to him in case he wanted to go someplace warmer, but its not transferable at all. I would just worry about who was watching over him down there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment