About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dear Roger:Plausible Deniability

Today I turned 29 for the 14th time. Or in common folk speak, 43. All in all it was a pretty damn good day. It rained on me and I spent the day roaming all over the downtown area with my friend Chelsea. I got a replacement copy of my favorite book to go along with a few others, I got a vintage leather jacket that looks pretty damn good and that actually has pockets I can stick my frozen hands in, and I roamed through a sex shop and had a fit of the giggles when I saw plasti-peckers that made me step back and consider the fact that there can be too much of a good thing.
We ate lunch at a really nice place and for once I didn't get sick! Watched some doofy guy in flip flops fall on his ass and laughed like a mean heifer that I am, and then i stared inappropriately long at the butts of all the cute guys wandering around. I got recognized by some random chick for my brief acting stint on Portlandia and that actually made my damn day!
My phone was going crazy all day long with the birthday wishes from my kith and kin and friends from back home and it made me smile more than I have smiled in a long time. My kids behaved themselves and I came home to a clean house and no fighting for once.
I didn't come home to a cute lil fella duct taped and waiting for me on my bed, but I did come home to a clean, freshly made bed in a clean house that I didn't have to clean, so I guess its a halfway win.
I heard from the buzzsaw, and of course he had forgotten, but it wasn't a shock. The ex texted to tell me I" looked old as shit" and that's fine, I expected as much from him, but its all good.
The thing is, I may be lonely. I may not have gotten a birthday hug or kiss from a guy, and I may have bought my own birthday presents, but I am here. I am alive . I have slide into 43 like a dinged up and rattling old hot rod that has a couple of gears slipping, but I damn sure made it and I still am more than capable of spinning the tires and outrunning most of the new crap on the streets.
I will reread my favorite book and geek out to it, happy and content, feeling loved from all my friends that  took a minute or two from their day to make mine brighter and make me feel like someone knows I am here and alive, it really means a lot to me. Thank you all. Hope to see you for the 15th time.
I also hope to be a published author this time next year. I have finally, definitively, begun the steps to get there as of today. Its a scary and bumpy ride and I am sure to be freaking out most of the way, but knowing I am not really alone has really helped to encourage me to finally step out there.


1 comment: