About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dear Roger, It Only Gets Stranger

Well crap! It seems that I am at the start of an run of extreme insomina,and let me tell you,if you thought I was a bit intense as my normal state of being, you ought to see me sleep deprived. Normally I average 4-5 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, and I function pretty well on that,but for some reason I did not sleep last night,not even a cat nap.I was wide awake all night long and unable to shut my brain down, so I watched horror movies, read and went outside and tried to get the damn herd of elk to leave so that my crazy assed dogs would shut up and quit annoying the entire neighborhood.My kid were wondering why the dogs kept freaking out and barking constantly,and they insisted that I go out and check to see why and if there were any monsters out lurking in the yard.My kids know that I have my own mom monster slayer credo and it goes as thus,"Yea though I walk through the valley of death,I will fear no evil,monster,skunk,werewolf,vampire or spider because I am the meanest and toughest mom in the valley".I am the designated monster slayer,spider killer and mouse wrangler and I am allowed to fear nothing, even though they may occasionally startle me and elicit a girly squee, I will rally and thrash them with whatever weapon I can wrangle up. But the bachelor herd of bull elk that I encountered in my yard is a whole nuther story! I am 5 feet tall, and in my doggie print jammies with with my fuzzy slippers, I weigh around 103, and even though I may feel tough, those elk were not only taller than me, they outweighed me and they were armed! I stomped my feet at them and yelled ,'SCAT"! and they stomped their feet at me and said,"Get your goofy ass back in the house', and I got. Thats another reason I gave up gardening up here because not even Fergus will mess around with a pissed off horny,herd of bachelor elk that are looking for some meal and tail. They can weigh over 800lbs and they can jump my 6ft fence like its a joke, so they are like Bambi Rambos.
I stayed up and watched a few horror movies, but really there wasnt much good on last night, so I resorted to watching youtube videos and reading more than anything. I ended up talking to some folks about my favorite horror movies and what I considered the scariest vampire movie of all time, and even though it started a huge arguement, I told them that for ME, on a personal level,"30 Days of Night" and the original "The Thing" creeped the hell out of me! I love being scared, and those hit all the marks for me because if you can imagine, I live in a place where we got 12 feet of snow, often in 3-4ft storms, im often pretty isolated when those storms hit, and when I watched those movies, I was a single mom, home alone in the wee hours with my children asleep in a rickety old house out in the country, all the neighbors were gone for the holidays, we were getting huge back to back blizzards and the power had been blinky so I had been keeping the wood stove banked up, and it was a creeepy night to being with, where the snow clouds muted all the sounds of the world surrounding me and everything seemed to have just abandoned us. I was sitting in my living room with the lights off, watching that damn vampire movie around 2 am and when it finally ended, I realized I had to go out to the woodpile to get more firewood to get us through the rest of the night. It was that night I discovered that I had Superwoman like skills and that I could make it from my porch to the woodpile and back with an armload of wood in 2 massive leaps! I swear Rog, if someone had spoken to me or if a dog had barked or something, I would have probably needed new sweatpants and snowboot liners and my shriek would still be echoing in those mountains! Its a good movie that can do that to me. The Grudge is another on that gets under my skin and it really freaks my sister right the hell out, and for years after she saw that one I could call her up and imitate the sound of that cat in the wee hours and she would just start cussing me. Im a bit of a snob when it comes to horror movies, and I will watch pretty much anything, but slasher movies really dont do much for me, and I tend to not allow those around my kids even if I watched them when I was younger. I have a horror of knives and razors, and my ex used that against me when it all went down, and I still cannot handle movies that have a lot of realistic tension and knife work, and Sweeney Todd is not something that I can watch easily and I consider it horror, but the Twilight I consider fantasy/romantic fiction, so stuff that stresses out most normal people I just go, 'eh"?I like thinking horror movies, and ones that have a good looking guy in them, even if he is a psychopath, so im really looking forward to some that are coming out in the next few months.
Im tired to the point of jumpiness now, and driving in town today was an interesting experience due to all the tourists and family members of graduating seniors in town for NAU Graduation. I swear I got behind every brain damaged sheep that was lost and incapable of reading street signs in the cosmos and the fact that I had Rammestein blasting on the stereo and blasting in my head, was not helping matters much, but I needed something to keep me awake and alert so I could complete my mission of going to Sams club, getting the groceries that the kids and the ex will need and then getting back home in one piece.My German is really getting pretty good,I sing along with quite a few of the songs, and thought I get some odd looks, its fun to work out some of the stress by rocking out, but I have found that I am not allowed to headbang and fistslam around Fergus, he gets really anxious and tends to either try and take me down or get in the middle of me first or ask guestions later. he is a strange dog, and he does not like me acting out of character and he will let me know to ,'Cut the weird crap"! He is already asleep in his pile of doggy beds, but the minute he hears me move, he gets up and comes over and puts his head on my arm as if he is checking on me. When I went through my week long jag of struggling to sleep, he was constantly at my side and it seemed as if he was watching for a seizure, and I have no doubt he would make an excellent seizure dog, and he is great when I have my worst headaches, and I know he is an excellent second in command, even if he doesnt like werewolf movies, he will just go hang out with small daughter like he usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment