About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dear Roger, Dating Duracell is not as fun as it sounds.

Its STILL SNOWING here in Flagstaff! Cabin fever is starting to get to everyone and people are edgy and grumpy.Im pretty sick of being stuck in the house, but with the wind and the snow and being broke all the damn time, there is not much else to do other than stay home and try and work on getting back into school and write my novel.
Now that I have found my muse, its become a lot easier to write, and I often dream of him, so the story has advanced pretty fast after being stuck for so many years.I still have to name him, but that is going to require some research into not only our family history, but also Native American and Celtic lore and then I have to make a decison about what he is. Its really interesting that when my eldest son called the other day, I was in a joyous mood because I had found the face of my muse, or his avatar, and when I was trying to explain how that helped my as a writer to feel more comfortable and inspired in the process, my son actually GOT IT! I have tried to explain the concept of a muse to adults and they have looked at me like I suddenly grew a second head, yet my 14 year old,walking hormone,jock, son understood what the hell I was talking about.He is truely a special kid and I still hope that he will change his mind about being an actor, I simply cannot handle the thought of people exploiting him or being cruel to him or even being rude to him, I am so psychotically over-protective that I think I would spend a great deal of time seeking to thrash the living daylights out of people who hurt him. I got my vengence on his step-father, so I dont say this lightly.He is quite the athlete, already running a 4.40 mile and he is as aggressive at soccer and football as I ever was and he is a natural musician,already playing bagpipes,violin,viola,and guitar and he is an excellent student when he wants to be, but with girls chasing him constantly, he tends to get distracted easily and I fear that his good looks will be his undoing. He has grown quite a bit since he has been gone, and he is already 5'9 and 155! He left here a child and is returning a full-grown man who finds it amusing to tease me about my lack of a social life!He teases me about being a ,"Cougar" because I happen to enjoy watching movies with younger men in them and I have commented about a couple of them and he just loves to remind me that they are either close to his age or that he has been told that he looks like certain actors...soo disturbing! I finally got him to quit straightening his hair, so his beautiful natural curls are being allowed to show again, and that really eliminates a whole bunch of the younger fellas that I had been looking at, but oh well, at least my son has quit butchering his hair.
I am considering looking for a companion, its not easy to consider because I my life is a complicated beyond what most men can comprehend, but I need a stress release and even if its just a friend with benefits, I really could use a man in my life because its literally been years since I have had some quality time with a man and I miss that. I had made a resolution to not even attempt to date this entire year, but its reached to point of frustration and tension that even my ex is starting to look tempting, and that is a type of masochism that not even I will indulge in.

No comments:

Post a Comment