About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dear Roger, Flying Sock Monkeys and Stinky P's Rules for Brother

I awoke this morning to a sock monkey smacking me upside the head. Sharing a bed with a 6 year old is always an adventure, and considering she sleeps like a starfish, getting whacked by 'Josh" was one of the milder things that could have happened. We have had a busy few days and getting out and looking for a place to live and jobs has made the time fly past us like nobodies business!
We are all enjoying being here and I broke down and bought Chance a new skateboard yesterday so that he could get out and have some fun with his friend. I am amazed at the wide range of stuff that can be found around here! I can actually buy cute clothes right off the rack and that makes me soo damn happy! When you have had to buy bras in the,"Freakishly large, must be older woman" section of Victoria Secrets, for years, with your choices limited to black,white, tan, or ewww leopard print, finding bras by Joe Boxer in your size(36D) with all the cool designs, just tends to make your day,week,month and even year!I now have a tartan plaid one with smiley faces on both boobs and one with skulls and crossbones and little metal studs. I also found undies in small and extra small with cool designs and jeans in size 1 and 3, right on the rack! I know that I am in heaven now!
The weather was interesting yesterday and it is pretty weird to be wearing a hoodie and douche hat in the middle of July, but it was chilly in the morning and the moisture up here has sent my hair into absolute seizures! It sticks up all over and looks like a demented rooster has taken up residence on my head. I am not alone in my suffering, Chances hair is totally out of control and his curls poof out all over the place no matter what he puts on them, and he just sighs deeply and waffles between wanting to shave his head or grow it all out and let it be shaggy, but mostly he wears his weird little hat all over the place.He has finally given up the super skinny legging type of skinny jeans,(THANK GOD!) and is wearing more normal fitting jeans though still pretty tight, and he is showing this cocky side of his personality that I thought Ed had beaten out of him.I am glad to see it survived, because that cocky little Texan personality is what has defined our family for generations and I am glad to see he carries it on. He flirts shamelessly with girls and shows off his athleticism pretty much any time he gets the chance, and then he shows off his tender side by doting on his little sister. I saw that in action at the mall when he was walking around holding her hand and she spotted a display for Eclipse and went running over. There were a bunch of tweeny girls there and they thought she was soo cute because she was making over 'Edward" and "Jasper" and she knows waaay too much for a 6 year old about the movies, and he came walking up, and she turned to him and told the girls,"This is my big brother Chance, and he saw the movie with my mom, but hes cooler than either of these guys.", and the girls just said,'AWWW!" how cute as Chance gave them his best ,"Aww shucks ma'am" and turned on the Texan so thick that I think my granny spun in her grave a little. He left that little scene with 3 new phone numbers in his phone and a new appreciation for his baby sister.
Trying to find a place to live in a good school district is a little trickier around here, I dont want him to end up in a giant school with problems, and I am even considering putting him in a private Lutheran High School that his friend goes to , the only problem with that is that its in a part of town that I wont live in, and until I either buy another car or get the train line figured out, we are kinda limited. I am looking to live on either Burnside, or Powell or even Eastlake, but not too far out so that I am near to the colleges and the city centers for jobs and just things to do. My friend Susan has other ideas because the thought of living in the city and near all the weirdness kinda freaks her out, but I actually get stresses about the thought of living away from all the action. Its an interesting balancing act and hopefully we will get it sorted soon, I have 5 potential places picked out, I just have to figure out the school situations for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment