About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear Roger: In Heat?

Well it finally has managed to get warm up here today. I am impressed it finally broke 80 something today, though considering the rest of the dang country is sweltering under a record wave, I guess I should be counting my blessings instead of bitching and griping about the fact I had to turn the damn heater on the other night because it was COLD in out new apartment. Now, before you go thinking its just me being an anemic,candy -assed, wuss again, my friends even admitted that they had to turn on the heat in their house after they got cold too! So there! Im not just being a whiner. I am wondering just how the hell I am going to cope with the fact that we really haven't had much of a Summer up here at all. I dont mind the rain, but I seriously have kept my jackets and hoodies where they are easy to get to, and I have worn shorts maybe 5 days total. I never wear flip-flops because I have no desire to taste pavement, but I tend to run around barefoot,(that gets me looks, but hey! at least im not wearing a sock hat in summer like some of the douches up here), but its been too cold for me to even do that comfortably, so ive been wearing my boots or the ratty pair of Chucks I have.
Finally got all the rest of the stuff that we are going to move, moved. We have decided to part ways with the couches and the decrepit entertainment center. I had decided that it was not entertaining to wonder just when it was going to finally collapse and send our tv crashing down on top of daughter or whomever was unlucky to be nearby, and the couches had such a distinctive odor of distressed small dog that not even repeated washing of cushions and covers could get out, that it just wasnt worth it. We are back to living Japanese style, as I tell daughter. Its really trying to put a positive spin on sitting our asses on the floor, and she is buying it for now. We have my,"Ugly assed Hobbit seat" as son calls my funky old writing chair, and two wooden wine boxes that make interesting side tables, but the 'Hobbit seat" really is an ass killer, so no one sits in it for very long. I cant afford to buy anything right now. Even used is out of our reach and I dont want to just jump into anything quickly because I dont want to run the risk of ending up with more of the same problems of odd smelling furnishings or things that will just need to be hauled away in short order.
I have a job now, but its not very many hours a week and im actually not too sure what all it entails. I was supposed to work for 4 hours today,(I thought), but considering I dont have keys to the office yet, or any of the information I need to actually do anything officelike, I was left at loose ends when the manager didn't show up. I tried calling a few times to see if there was a missed communication or something, but no one answered, so I just considered the day a wash and went back to cleaning the old apartment and getting it ready to turn back over.
Son made it back from camp in fine form. He apparently had a great time and enjoyed camping and rafting and shooting paintballs and such. I am sure it was much more enjoyable than moving all his stuff, that was a huge pain in the ass. He is a bit of a gross monkey, but then I think all teen males are gross. Sharing a bathroom is going to be like living in a layer of hell, but I am trying to look on the brightside and remember that instead of cleaning two bathrooms, I will only be cleaning one, though we will be having a,"Come to Jesus" meeting real quick about the placement of the commode seat, not peeing on the seat, the "flush, check and if needed , FLUSH AGAIN FOR GODS SAKE!" rule, not touching my towel(something he does just to mess with me because he knows I am OCD about that), rinsing out the sink, and where he should leave his dirty unders. I swear that if I achieve nothing else with him in 18 years, he will be fit to be around other women when he is grown.
He has volunteered to take over more of the cooking duties which leaves me wondering,"Why?" I know he likes to cook, and I did the fair thing today and cleaned the kitchen after he cooked breakfast, but I also cleaned it after I cooked dinner last night, so if hes angling for a fair division of labor, he needs to up his game. He is not happy with the fact he ended up in the bedroom without a lock on it, but he knows its in my power to change that, so maybe that is what he is looking for? Who the hell knows, hes a teen boy and they are twisty, turny, odd, critters.
Daughter has been in rare form lately,reading the Harry Potter book out loud to her Jackson has become a nightly ritual for her, and she doesn't just do a regular, monotone read, oh nooo! Not my kid, she does a full dramatic reading with voices and all kinds of fun stuff going on. Its hysterical. She doesn't know I am hanging out by her bedroom door listening to her do it, because if she did, she would probably kick my ass, but its amazing to hear her. She often falls asleep with the book still in her hand and her goofy monkey perched in her lap. She sat and watched the first Harry Potter movie with me last night and she was soo excited when she heard the actors speak lines from the book or recognized things she had read. Its amazing to be starting that journey all over again with someone who is so enthusiastic and in love with it. Speaking of love, Rog...I did a bad/funny thing that luckily didn't end up biting me in the ass, but I thought for a day or two she was going to kill me in my sleep! You know she loves that rangy lil rockstar quite a bit? She talks about him all the time, gets a goofy look on her face when she sees him on a video or something and she really, really looks up to him. Well, her brother and I kinda enjoy gently teasing her about it, just a little bit. I mean after all, she is 7 and he will be close to 40 when she is not jailbait, and besides, I have told her that she is not seeing any boys, ESPECIALLY some rangy lil rockstar until she has finished her Masters,(let me dream, okay?)but she told me a while back that she intends to,"Marry him, take him to France for 6 months and then to Japan." She was very serious and even when I told her that he might not want to go, she just looks at me and said,"He will be okay." Shes a bit on the scary and intimidating side at times, ya know? So anyway... Since her favorite boy has been on the twitter lately talking to all his minions, I thought just for shits and giggles,(and I was also put up to it by my friend 'Manda) that I would tweet him this little bit of info and ask for the name of a good therapist. Yes, my smartass bone is still up and functioning. The boy gets a bazillion tweets from over-excited, hormonally challenged, fans of all ages, so lucky for me it was lost in the flood of,Marry me, Jasper's, but for some reason, I later found it funny to tell her what I had done. Yeah...not my smartest move. If I wasn't the holder of the tickets to the 100 Monkeys concert, I am afraid I might have had an unfortunate accident by now. As it was, she told me to not to it again and that it was,none of my business. Rog, help? Did Damien have a sister? If not, I think he may have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment