About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Roger: "Zombified"?

Yesterday was a hell of a day. First I find out that my hours at work have basically been cut in half and that the new manager prefers to do it all herself rather than have an assistant, so I am down to 2 hours a week. I think its their way of trying to get me to quit so they don't have to pay me unemployment, but I will work those two hours until they get tired of the paperwork and terminate me because the hassle is too much. I figured that was coming when I sent an email detailing all the complaints I had about the weird electrical glitches in my apartment and asking if I was going to be compensated for the electrical bill I had been paying for the office for the last 6 months. Its not a deal for me.
I spent my free time yesterday taking Stubby to the doctor for a thorough physical and consultation over some of his issues. Poor guy...hes destined to be a short man his whole life. The doc looked at his growth patterns, my growth history, his fathers height as well as other family history did some computations and measurements and then told poor Stub that it looks like he is going to be between 5'5-5'7 when he is grown. Stub looked at me and he said,"You know I blame you for this, don't you? My dad is tall!" Well...I guess its only fair. Hes actually going to be a little taller than I had expected, so I don't know what hes so upset about . He has really good charisma and a great sense of humor,(most of the time), so hopefully that will serve him well.
I ended up at the doctor yesterday as well. Ive had a headache for a couple of days because of all the stress and b/s that's been going on and then not sleeping well adding to it left me feeling ragged and weary. I was sitting at the dinner table yesterday morning when my eldest son looked at me and said,"What the hell, mom?!Your eye is sick looking!" I looked in the mirror and it turns out that half of my right eye was blood red for some reason.I have no idea what happened to it. I haven't been coughing I didn't scratch it. I just woke up with it like that. Coupled with the headache it was enough to make me decide it was time to get things checked out.
I went and at least got my blood pressure checked, (not too bad), and got offered a shot to break the headache(I declined), but other than that the doc who was filling in for my regular doc was just pretty damn useless. I get to go back in two weeks to see my regular doc that I really don't like that much to see if she has any ideas of why I am suddenly busting blood vessels in my eye.
The effect was pretty cool on my younger kids when they saw it. Stevie was worried I was becoming a zombie and as a way to pay her back for messing with my coffee the other day, I sat in my chair and muttered,"Braaaaaaiiiiinnnsss" at her every time she walked by. Later I pretended to gnaw on the head of her gnarly stuffed monkey,'Jackson" but she found that funny and she laughed and tried to actually shove that nasty thing in my mouth. She chased me through the house with it for a while, giggling and telling me it was now a zombie too. The humor is slowly coming back into the house, though my eldest son tells me that the ex came by yesterday looking for something he left here,(knew that was going to happen), and that he was crying about sleeping in the Walmart parking lot. I have a hard time feeling bad for him, but if hes still in pitiful shape at the first of the month Im going to offer him an Am track ticket to Ventura. I doubt he will take it. He wants to take the van and all his junk as well, but I will at least put it out there and then its on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment