About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dear Roger: As Good As I Once Was?

Its been a long dang week! I started back to a real damn job or two and it came pretty damn close to kicking my butt. I got to say though, getting out and around people again seems to agree with me and I enjoy being busy, especially this month. Working the night shift was a good way for me to slide back into things because folks tend to be a little more relaxed and casual about things. One of the gals I work with is a smoker and we went and hung out for a bit, smoking and talking about random things, including how we both get nagged at over our smoking habit. The work doesn't require much thinking, and it changes from day to day, so there will be something to keep my interest, the only down side is that they seem to have figured out that I am pretty strong, in fact they have already tapped me to load couches and other furniture when there was a guy around! My boss said its because I move with a confidence and way of moving that just says," Strength".That kinda cracked me up, but I guess they are right, that and the fact I dont worry about breaking a nail or smudging up any makeup.
My other job is just in the orientation stage, and its a bit aggravating due to the fact I am having to deal with slower learners. If they would just let me log onto the system from my laptop at home and go through all their company specific stuff, I would be done with all their requirements and ready to start their proprietary training so that I would be good to go by the holiday push, but they insist that I come into the office and sit in their breakroom and use the one computer they have, so I have to share it with 4 other people who are also new hires. As you finish each section of the information, you test over it and if you pass, you move on. I finished a weeks worth in one day and I am ready to move on to the next level, but the others are having difficulty and that is bogging up the works!I am off work for the next week because the others need the time to try and catch up with me.I am going to be training and rehabilitating large breed, rescue dogs, so its not like this is my first rodeo.I know what I am doing, I have done it before and I have a lot of experience at it, but they have their way they want things done, so I will have to play their game until things are lined out.
The first day of work was a tough one on me,I had to be at one job from 7p til 3 am and then up again at 6 am to get the kids up for school, then walk the 2.5 miles to my other job by 8am to work until 1pm then walk the 2.5 miles back home to meet daughters bus by 230, then cook dinner,clean house and get kids settled for the night so I could get up to go to work by 8 am the next morning. I was just a little bit on the tired side by the time things were all said and done.
I enjoyed it, even if I was a bit tired. My son is a bit worried about me walking so far in the dark once my schedule gets set in a month or two, but I am not really worried.The key to being safe when you are walking at night is to look just a little meaner and crazier than everything else out there and people tend to stay away from you. I am well able to manage that.
Tomorrow my son plays his next football game and I am soo looking forward to seeing it! He is supposed to get to start as a tackle this time and if his enthusiasm is half as much as it was last game, it will be a pretty exciting game.
I made it though yesterday. I cried a few times,but I have hope that someday my heartache will ease. Folks keep telling me that there is a man out there looking for me, I just have to be willing to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment