About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dear Roger: Love the One You Are With, I Wish My One Was With Me








This song always takes me back to him...that time,that place. Its 28 years today when my whole world imploded.Nothing was the same for me after that, and perhaps it was the torture of having to drive past the spot where he died every single day until I left that God forsaken place,that left such a scar on my soul...I dont know. He still lives in my memories as that perfect,beautiful, boy that I had the worst crush in the world on, and I have to wonder what my life would have been like if hadn't been murdered and I had perhaps stood a chance.
So much was taken from so many that day, parents lost sons, another young man lost his peace of mind and wallowed in survivors guilt for over 20 years in drugs and alcohol.I have lived with the loss of the first boy I ever truly loved with all my heart. If you have your "One" in your life, love them extra well today, some of us were never that lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment