About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear Roger: Monkeys in the Bedroom, and Other Things That Are Best Not Contemplated in Polite Company

"What happened mom? What happened?" Stubby asked me that tonight, and I have to say that I was just sitting in my room this morning wondering just that. I woke up, all bleary eyed and exhausted from weird dreams, to find the mug of a rather cute young man within my eye shot, but rather than being pleased, I groaned and rolled over and found myself face to furry face with 3 monkeys that had somehow migrated into my bed during the night. I no longer have a room to myself, (in case you were thinking my life had suddenly gotten really exciting), noo...I actually ended up caving in and getting a washer and dryer, which meant that my daughter had to surrender her private little alcove,(formerly known as the laundry room), and she has now moved into my bedroom. She was supposed to occupy part of the room, but in true Stevie Rae fashion, she moved in and simply took over. My desk is now her, "Art Studio", the closet is now her,"Stuffies salon", and I will be relinquishing my queen sized bed for a full sized bed at the first of the month so that I can get her a regular twin sized bed that will accommodate her monkeys in a comfortable fashion. She commandeered the lower half of my bedside table for her Harry Potter library, and she hung pictures of her favorite boy all over my room. I drew the line at her breaching the walls actually around my bed its self, but he is all front and center, right over my bedside table, so when I woke up, it was monkeys in all shapes and sizes right THERE, I guess its a good thing I have given up ever actually dating in any constructive manner, so I guess my room looking like some tweeny-bait nightmare will be my deep dark secret that only me, my kids and the maintenance men that I have to actually work with,(and who now will be able to tease me mercilessly about it), will ever see.
I do supposedly have a date on Friday with a real, live male, at least as of yesterday afternoon I did. Who knows what the hell he has found via Google that may have caused him to come to his senses in the mean time? I'm not too worried about it. He sounds interesting, maybe fun, but I don't get all wound up about anybody anymore. The last guy to make me weak in the knees and to get my hands shaking was a giant of a boy who thought my tattoo was,'Cool".
Having a washer and dryer actually back in the house makes life soo much simpler for me. My eldest is supposed to be doing the laundry, but getting a teen boy to do laundry properly is like trying to get him to actually put away his clean clothes even when they are folded and stacked neatly on his bed. I would have better luck if I stacked them on his guitar, unless of course it happened to be the time the cat peed on his guitar case.
We may be short a cat if that happens again. My eldest son is not a cat fan most of the time anyway, but for the cat to pee on any of his guitar stuff? If he could have caught the cat, it would not have gone well for the cat. Its never done anything like that before, so I have no idea what would prompt it to do that to of all things his high dollar damn gig bag, but there was no denying it and it couldn't be blamed on Spencer. Im hoping it was just a rare event that was because the cat was annoyed at him or something, and not the start of a behavior that will be a serious problem, there are only soo many places the cat can hide in this apt and the other kids dont need to learn all those creative cuss words like my son used when he found the pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment