About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dear Roger: Its Always A Matter Of Who Blinks FIrst

Yesterday was quite a day. Work, frankly, sucked.I said yesterday in my letter that my job is menial and beneath me, and its true, but mostly I enjoy the mindless nature of it. I have a few things I require to do it, and yesterday when I went into the office to get them, they were gone. The whole office had been rearranged with all the furniture packed into the back storage area like it was being prepared for a battle instead of greeting potential clients. I looked for my tools but nada...poof! They were gone. I went ahead and started my work anyway, talking to residents I ran into along the way, doing my thing as usual. Got done and went back to the office to ask where my tools were and the new boss said,"Dont know!" she said it in a very sarcastic and abrasive manner as if she was challenging me to have a problem with it. I told her I wouldn't be able to finish the other job I need to do without my tools and she said,"Ok!"
It was all very odd and off putting. The she said she didn't want me storing my tools anywhere in the office or the maintenance sheds, that I should leave them outside by the door. I told her that they would get stolen, that they have gotten stolen before and had to be replaced and she said,"I dont care, then that is what I will do. I will replace them." That pissed me off. I pay pretty God Damned high rent living in this complex and its attitudes like that, where,"Money is no object lets not be careful with the tools or other items we have and let the crackheads steal them we will just replace them." thusly adding it to the bottom line, pissed me off.I kinda snapped. I didn't leave my tools by the door outside. I went and locked them in the laundry area and I called her boss and I said,"Look, I dont know what her problem is, other than she doesn't like me. I am doing my job as best I can and all I asked for is a few reasonable accommodations for health and safety. She has removed my tools, either hidden or thrown away some of them and she is refusing to let me put my other tools in a safe place so they dont get stolen. If you are going to fire me, some one needs to pull the trigger and do it, but the hostile work environment needs to cease and I need to be able to do my job without being harassed if you dont intend to fire me. I wont quit. So we need to come to some kind of terms." Yeah...fun phone conversation. I was pissed. The big bosses are coming over here this morning to meet with me. I am already working on my resume. Glad I dont have to work.
In other news, the ex leaves for Ventura tomorrow!!! Yeah! He said,"Its too fucking hard to live in Portland! I dont see how you do it!" Yeah...especially with 4 kids and no child support? Its called a wing and a prayer and no luxuries. I know at least 20 recipes for chicken and rice or beans and rice and we can all walk distances that would kill him.He wonders why all of us have shoes or boots that the soles are worn off of? We walk and walk and walk.
Im glad hes going. I think my stress level will drop precipitously, even if I am unemployed in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment