About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Roger: No Meltdowns Allowed In Front Of The Teenager



Okay, I will admit it, I get lonely, damn lonely. The kind of lonely where you wish just anyone would call, come by, tweet, text or somehow aknowledge they know you exist. Yes, I know I have kids who do that for me on a daily basis, and that is great, I love my kids, we all know that they are what I live for, but as much as I tend to eschew them, a Goddamned hug from a another human being sure would be nice from time to time. The touch of a man would be even better. Yeah, its Valentines Day and between that and all the typical B/S and stress in my life, that has me all out of whack and Im having a huge ole pity party of epic proportions.
Chance made the mistake of asking me what was wrong yesterday when I came in from work,and sat down at the table looking, I guess to him, more disconsolate that usual. I had just observed one of our more unpleasant residents, a rather large woman of dubious personal hygiene and less than pleasant personality,telling her new boyfriend goodbye. I dont get it.She doent work, she smokes and drinks and looks like she crawled out of a rag bag in her pajamas and flip flops on a daily basis, yet she has a man? Am I doing it wrong? Should I quit showering regularly? Stop shaving my legs and other areas and just wear my house clothes constantly? Im one of the few parents dressed in street clothes at the bus stop in the morning, maybe that should change. I should start sleeping in til the last minute and then stand there with a cigarrett and yell into my cell phone, ignoring my kids while we wait, maybe that is what passes for attractive up here? Anyway, I had witnessed that and It was just another shot to me, another bit of reality that I am alone when it seems all those around me have some one.
My relationships have never been perfect. I've had a few decent ones, a few fun ones and a few nightmares, and sadly, the nightmares have left the most lasting marks, physically, but the decent one that left the deepest mark on my emotionally, is probably the crux of the problem. When you love someone who holds your heart with the hint of ,"In Time", its hard to walk away. I hated being in love. Its a very lonely feeling and I have worked hard to not be, but just seeing that person or hearing his voice or even getting a,'Hey, how are you?" email, can overwhelm all my defenses and leave me helplessly devastated for days. No one will ever be him, and when I hold all men to that standard, they fail. I thought that maybe being alone was my best option, but when you find yourself starved for some form of physical affection, or human contact, that you feel like you are going to go insane or that you are starving to death emotionally from the lack of the one nutrient that no one wants to provide someone so damaged and hard to love, its a horrible feeling. I try to soldier on through, but I find myself having a harder and harder time lately. I never thought I would be so alone at this point in my life, and while much of it is of my own design, I just wish for once there was a reason to believe in happy endings or white knights.

No comments:

Post a Comment