About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear Roger: Monkey On The 'Net

So now my daughter is doing the home/internet based school and this has led to some interesting moments. She is extremely tech savvy and she has an almost photographic memory, and in many ways, that is a bad, bad thing. She saw my log in to my computer once, I left for work and came back, she was on my computer and surfing the net. I asked her brother if he had logged her on and he said that he hadn't, she tells me, "Oh, not I did it, I just put in your log in and password."She had been back to several websites she ha been to with me several weeks previous and she had managed to almost figure out twitter. That will be a heart attack moment.
She is an extremely social child, but most kids her age bore the hell out of her. I have had to remind her time and time again that its not polite to roll her eyes or to tell another child that something they enjoy is for babies. She doesn't play with Barbies or normal toys like most kids and she rarely watched cartoons, so she really doesn't have a common ground to talk to many of the kids she was going to with on. She has lived a little harsher life with more difficult things going on in it , so she is emotionally and mentally more mature than many kids her age and she prefers to talk to older kids and adults. Shes also been picked on for being,"Weird" because she is dramatic and she is brash and she not afraid to get up on a stage and sing or perform and that tends to annoy kids.
On the Pajama reading day she took Jackson to school with her so she would have someone to read to. It was condoned by the school and many kids were bringing a friend along. She has brought Jackson a few times in the past and he is her go to for all trips and comfort needed excursions,and its pretty evident to anyone who sees her with him that he is well loved. Some punk ass kid, she wouldn't say who, slapped him out of her hands and into a mud puddle.He got covered in filth and the teacher, bless her heart for trying to be compassionate, helped my daughter recover the mucky, sopping wet with mud, monkey and then, she washed him. Stevie was bereft when she got home. Not only was he still wet, she mourned the fact he had been,"De-sweatted" . Mind you, I had to keep a straight face while dealing with all of this, telling her that the spirit of the event still lurked, while I was busy using a hair dryer to carefully, under her watchful eye so he didn't get his monkey butt burned, dry off the monkey with a hair dryer. She is better off doing the internet based school. No one here,(except maybe her brother), will torture her monkey, or tease her and she is rapidly learning how to reach out to the outside world to build new friendships that have her excited and curious about all kinds of things.
She has her own Facebook page now, we made it yesterday, borrowing her older brothers birthyear, which amused her, and then spending a couple of hours together just setting up the different things.She got so she could log on and enter her password and get to the page almost as fast as me. She is so damn clever that I will have to really keep an eye on the computer to make sure shes not plotting total world domination via Facebook when shes not doing schoolwork.
The first thing she did was go to that boys page and,"Like" it. I had to explain to her about how some pages are pages you can talk to people on and others a just pages where you can tell them you like them. She scoffed and said,"Well he already knows I like him! I want to tell him to come to Portland!"
Did I tell you Rog, I pretty much went fully gray yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment