About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dear Roger: Situation Normal, Back To The Weird

Hes gone! No, I didn't act out,"Keep Awake". I only threatened it, obviously very, very, convincingly. He got tired of living in his van down by the Willamette river and freezing his ass off and he decided to go back to Ventura where he could live with his aunt and whine about what an evil person I am to people who will be sympathetic to him.He worked hard to get Stubby all upset and emotional before he left so I would have a mess to deal with, and it almost worked, but I countered by giving Stubby a computer. Check and mate. Stub didn't even really notice he was gone. He called today to gloat about how warm and nice it is in Ventura,and all I could say was,"Thats nice, enjoy it. Its cold here, so make sure you don't come back." We celebrated after he left. Seriously. Actually put music on and danced our asses around. It was like the clouds left. It was an expensive lesson to me. All my bills are higher now and he wasn't shy about helping himself to food and whatever else he thought he needed. He tried to take my copy of Blazing Saddles on dvd and it about got really ugly. He did take my Gangs of New York(BASTARD!!), but I will replace it some day. He took the video camera too saying that it wasn't fair for Stevie to have it when the boys didn't have something similar to play with. Whatever. She has my Iphone to use and with him gone, shes actually excited about getting back into making videos.
Work has been weird. The new manager and I have reached an agreement and we have sort of bonded over our mutual dislike of a few of the residents. Misery loves company kind of situation as it is. I'm not working a lot, and that's fine with me, it gives me time for my writing and for my kids and my goofy dog.
I wont be able to go to my 25th High School reunion while I work on getting our economic situation back to rights, but I kinda knew once he showed up, everything was going to go to hell. I count it lucky that we didn't lose our apartment and that things didn't end up worse than they did. My eldest made sure to search the back porch and storage shed to make sure he hadn't forgotten any paraphernalia for the kids or anyone else to find and we threw away the any junk he left behind, which wasn't much, because anything he can sell he makes damn sure to take with him for just that purpose. His parting gift to me was to break the large ceramic pot I had on the back porch. I asked him if that was really necessary and he yelled at me,"Oh, like I ruined your fucking life by doing that?!" I just had my eldest haul it to the trash and counted it as yet another casualty. He left his cat with us. I don't know how long we will be able to keep her, but shes a decent cat who doesn't tolerate much of Spencers B/S before she smacks him on the end of the nose with on really sharp clawed paw. Speaking of Spencer, he is getting huge and he really is getting better with his manners other than he likes to sit on people, and at nearly 70 lbs at 6 1/2 months, hes no light weight.Hes no Fergus, and I still mourn him constantly, but he really tries to please and hes fun to watch and he likes the kids quite a bit. Hes pretty intelligent but, good Lord does he ever have the bloodhound stubbornness. He does things sometimes that remind me of Ferg and I have to walk away from him because the kids don't like to see me cry,and that's exactly what happens, for example, if I sit and stare at my computer too long without moving, (like a partial/complex), he will come and start trying to climb into my lap or he will just butt me with his big ole head just like Ferg would do. I don't know if they think that kick starts my brain again or what, but most of the time its just annoying me when I'm trying to think of how I want the next part of the story to progress, but its nice to be noticed by someone I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment