About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dear Roger: Checking Things Out

Called and talked to sis today. I hadn't talked to her since my other phone went swimming so I figured I had better call and check to make sure the tornadoes hadn't blown her and the rest of my kin to Arkansas or Hell,(interchangeable if you ask me), and to see how my nieces and nephews were doing. She sounded pretty good for someone that had that whole "Dallas Society Maven Body rebuild" done a few months ago. I guess she is finally used to her new boobs and all that. It still seems a bit odd to me that she is into stuff like plastic surgery, but then again I am into tattoos so I guess I have no room to talk. We got to talking about health and stuff, as folks are age are wont to do, and I mentioned my crazy left eye twitch that has been around for almost two months now, and how my left hand has gotten more prone to shaking on me at odd times. She got quiet for a minute and she asked,"You ever been tested for Parkinson's?" I told her I had been tested for everything but that because it didn't run in the family. "Who told you that?" Nobody...by this time that little twisty,cold, knot that is called fear started building in my gut. Why? Who had Parkinson's in the family that I didn't know about? "PawPaw. He was on heavy medications for it for years. Aunt J, and they think daddy, hes supposed to be getting tested for it." fuck me running...the people that I have proven to be the most genetically linked to. Happy freaking birthday to me. That is when my appointment is with my doctor.
In other news, not much else has been going on. Son left for his basketball tournament last night after I got nickel and dimed to death so he could go. I am not a big fan of his church. They are constantly hitting folks up for money, yet they are one of the richest churches in Portland. I am used to churches that put the effort into the kids, and hitting up the poor families for gas money so they can take the kids to play a basketball game that will bring good pr to the church, is kinda, to me , crappy. They have plenty of money to support the all kinds of dodgy characters and folks that by all rights shouldn't be there, yet kids that devote hours of service and time doing clean up in the churches name and things for members of the community that help to promote the name of the church, get hit for money for any activity, including watching movies at the church. I keep trying to coax my son into finding a nice Methodist church near us, so he can see what youth ministry is supposed to be about, but his girlfriend belongs to another branch of this ridiculous church he goes to, so he attends in the hopes he might see her sometimes. They have been having problems lately and might break up, so that will probably be the time that I will push for a change of venue for his church attendance.
The ex is in the process of losing the house. He has not made a house payment since I left Arizona. How he has managed to not be foreclosed on or booted to the street, I do not know. This does not make me happy, because I have no idea what he is planning on doing with my sons if he ends up on the streets. I know he has been selling of my property that I had left there under the agreement that it would be left alone, in exchange for me not stripping out the furnishing of the house. He has sold my books, my music and some of my art. The anger from that ate me up for a few days and it was a good thing there was 1500 miles between us. He was supposed to send his daughter a couple of boxes of her things, in fact he had promised her, but they never arrived. I called him and he wasn't answering the phone or returning texts, which means I wasn't hearing from my sons either, until this morning when I finally got ahold of him. Of course he hasn't sent her things. I told her, she cried. She is soo used to disappointment from him. Its pathetic that he doesn't even really try anymore.
When he was told that her favorite boy was going to be putting on a concert up here in August, he just sighed and said,"Well, I guess I know what that means. I guess I better hope I get my settlement if I want to see her so I can come up there." He knows. He knows he know longer is seen as her hero or protector or champion,(if he ever was seen as that), he is just this pathetic, hat in his hand, loser that she is saddled with as her father. I try to not give her a negative opinion of him. I really dont "Trash talk" him, but when he promises her that he is going to send her some of her things, and then HE keeps telling her that "I forgot" or "I cant afford it" (yet he bought tobacco and she KNOWS that), or "I didn't have time" she has quickly realized that she is not important in his life so he has become unimportant in hers. She no longer draws pictures for him or asks to talk to him on the phone. When he calls she often tells him she wants to talk to her brothers or that she is busy, or she just talks about her,"boy" and her favorite music. She never tells him about all the things she has achieved or the awards she has won and such. He has done a lot of damage, but that was always his way. She has better male role models now. They may be a little immature and a little ambisextrous and odd, but they are the bright and the happy that she needs, so we will go with that for now.
Its still raining up here, still pretty chilly, but there have been a couple of sorta Springlike days, so hopefully things will warm up soon and I will be able to lay out on the deck and soak up a few rays like a giant lazy lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment