About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Roger;The Mind of A Man is A Dark And Twisty Place

Remember how just before Valentines Day I wrote an email to the man I had "drunk dialed" and told off? and how in this email I had apologized for everything I said and I had begged his forgiveness? It took a lot of soul searching to do that because I tend not to be one to do that for just anyone. I let people go easily and I dont put much effort into keeping connections because I have found that with a few rare exceptions, people will let you down. I valued him because he had been there for me as a constant in my life longer than just about anyone else. I had not heard a word back from him and it had ripped my heart apart. I had even closed an email account that I had kept since 1999 because I was driving myself crazy, checking it constantly to see if he had responded. There had been nothing. The pain of his loss was still there, but I had chalked it up to a lesson learned, that deep down I really was not a very good person and that I deserved to lose the man I had called my best friend for my stupidity. I was looking for something for the ex in my old email archives yesterday, and out of the blue, he replied.
I had not sent him any other emails. I was not on his active list, I was not even showing as active on messenger, but for some reason, he sent me an email. It was like getting punched in the chest. I sat there staring at his name on my screen for a good 5 minutes before I could even gather the nerve to click on it. I read the email half a dozen times, trying to read between the lines so I could figure out why now? What he was thinking and if there is any hope for a reconciliation, but I just dont know. I would like to think I was over him and that I had moved on, but you and I both know that is a damn lie. I miss him. I miss bantering with him back and forth over emails about our lives, and the sexual tension that we kept between us. Yeah, we couldn't do a damn thing about it due to time and distance and circumstances, but having someone to talk to about the loneliness and frustration that comes with being me, was helpful. He got me. He didn't let me get to wrapped up in being me, and when I would get in a funk, he would distract me and motivate me in different ways. He has always been one of my muses, though of a sort that is oddly out of place in my new life, he is still needed.
I dont know what prompted him to write me. I haven't responded yet and I am not really sure what to say back to him. His email had a bit of anger and hurt in it, but it did leave the window open for rebuilding, but I dont know if I should now. If I was the person hearing this, I would be yanking my hair out in frustration thinking,"Make up your damn mind!" but its just not so simple anymore. Yes, I have missed him very badly. Yes, he has been my best friend through most of my adult life, but its like walking into a buzz saw, because honestly I do have feelings for him that are well beyond what I should have allowed myself to develop, and I cant let myself keep looking back when I am supposed to be going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment