About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Dear Roger: Awkward Overtures, or Trying to Meet a Man

I am back at it again, trying to show my interest in some poor fool that should probably run as fast as he can. I am really bad at it though, so he is probably safe. He comes into the Starbucks I hang out at and I find him to be pretty interesting. Hes not conventionally handsome, as a matter of fact, he looks like a ginger haired Snape, but he has the same kind of aura about him and I find that rather alluring. We have exchanged glances, but I tend to vapor lock and be unable to go beyond that. For some reason my abilities to communicate with the opposite sex revert to middle school level when I am truly interested in someone. I ought to just give up and be content with remaining manless, but I REALLY would like some company, at least on a temporary basis, but I am exceedingly picky. What I find desirable in a man has changed soo dramatically as to be a bit shocking. No longer to I look at the overpowering, strongly masculine, powerful men. Now I tend to look at the oddly slight, younger, artsy, musician, often tattooed, I could kick their asses, fey kind of men. Perhaps it relates back to my issues with my ex, I dont know, but the type of man I previously liked, makes me nervous and uncomfortable.
Its been a busy week for me. I have been getting out of the house every day so I dont just sit here and feel sorry for myself. I took the kids to see 'Rango" and we loved it. The pop culture references were flowing so fast and furious in that movie that I was rapt just keeping up with them and it was fantastic and funny to see something soo well thought out and funny. It was a treat for adults and for kids.
I have been hitting the gym as often as I can. Tanning has been helping my skin and working out has been helping not only my shape, but my mood. I feel almost euphoric when I have had a good work out, except on days when my damn knee is driving me crazy. There are a few good looking guys that work out there and I enjoy watching them almost as much as I enjoy working out.
I have concert tickets for Flogging Molly! That was quite a coupe for me and I am thrilled to be able to go and see them. Even if I end up going alone, I will enjoy the show I am sure. They are one of my favorite bands of all time and I am looking forward to seeing them as much as I am looking forward to seeing the 100 monkeys. Living in Portland is sometimes cold and dreary due to the weather, but the constant flow of things to do and see makes it all worth it. I love this city and living in it is a constant adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment