About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Dear Roger:Spring Forward

So with Spring supposedly being here I have been hoping that I would finally be able to shed my heavy winter gear and begin running around in t-shirts and jeans, but up here,Winter retains its chilly grip a lot longer than I am used to. Its almost the middle of freaking May and I am still wearing my layers of shirt, hoodie, and leather jacket! The warmest it has been up here was 70 one day a couple of weeks ago for an hour or two. Like I say all the time, I dont mind the rain, in fact I enjoy it, but the cold really kicks my ass. I have been going to the gym almost daily and I am seeing a lot of progress. I have muscles in my calves that are freakishly hard and my thighs are getting there. If the progress would move on up to my ass and stomach, I would be a happy woman. My progress in cardio got slowed down a little after I went out the other day to make copies of sons report for him after he killed the printer. It turns out that there is no place within a 2.5 mile radius to make a damn copy, so I had to walk all the way up to Office Max in my Summer boots to get it done. My Summer boots are not good for a 5 mile walking round trip. By the time I was done and made it back to the house, I had bloody blisters on both feet. I was limping pretty damn bad, but I had to book it home to get daughter off the bus. I gave the boots to my friend because if I cant walk 5 miles in them without crippling myself, I cant use them. I have an odd gait because of my knees and I have to be careful what types of boots I wear. Thats the first pair of Ariats I have ever owned that crippled me like that in over 1o years of buying them. Ive been tanning and its helping keep my skin from breaking out too bad and that is nice, but I dont want to tan too dark and look like one of those freaky middle aged women that look all bronzed and baked.
Im going to see Flogging Molly the end of the month and I am pretty damn thrilled to be going. Its going to be a long assed bus ride to get to them, but it will be worth it. I am looking forward to the energy that will be going on in that environment.
My social life is still lacking. I was supposed to have a date on Friday and we had made tentative plans to meet downtown and go to dinner and a club, but I really dont have much in common with the guy and hes about half my age,(which is WONDERFUL), but we haven't spoken since Tuesday and I wont play games or chase him, so I plan other things and if hear from him, I will try and fit him in. I still haven't worked up the nerve to talk to the guy I like at the Sbucks, but I kinda suspect he is gay or married or both. He has a ring he sometimes wears, and I have been doing some research on men and rings and its all very confusing now days but on the right hand on the ring finger, according to many sources, it means gay and in a committed relationship. So with my luck that is what is the situation. He is very interesting though not conventionally handsome, he has the whole,'Broody professor" thing going on and I know he is educated and that is damn sure interesting to me. I dont know what to think, soo many men up here are hard to read that I have just decided to take a,"Wait and see" approach to dating. I go to the gym, I am getting in very good shape, I am working on looking good, taking care of myself, being happy and busy and enjoying life. I dont need a man around but a companion would be nice for keeping the chill of Spring away, but I am not going to stress it because I have made it years without one and I am fully capable of continuing on in that same route.

No comments:

Post a Comment