About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Roger; Dreams of Black Sheep

Well this was not the best of Mothers days, but then again since Robert had the bad taste to die on the holiday 4 years ago, I haven't really felt like celebrating it. I spent most of the day moping around on the couch, reading whatever drifted across my computer screen, looking a pictures of the pretty boys that I enjoys looking at, and then manically doing laundry and dishes.
The kids went back to church today. I dont blame them. They enjoy church as a social event if nothing else and that is pretty much what they come home talking about. Son went on to hang out with his girlfriends family for the day and they took him over to Vancouver for the day. Daughter hung out around the apartment, driving me right up the wall. When I am in mopey mode its best to just leave me to lurk on the couch in peace and quiet, but she insists on talking and asking me 50 questions a minute as well as dragging out everything I put away. I know she misses her brothers, and honestly, large in part of my problem today was that I missed her other two brothers as well. I called and talked to them for a little bit, but they were busy with little boy things and they aren't huge fans of talking on the phone, so it was a short conversation. I miss them horribly and the conversations didn't really help with that much.
It rained again today, but it is finally showing signs of warming up around here. I dont care if the sun shines or not,but I dont want it to be cold anymore. I am getting tanned by going to the tanning booth at my gym and I am also getting in pretty damn good shape as well, so its not like I just sit inside and mope all the time.
I was thinking about Robert a lot today. I can imagine if he was alive we would be talking pretty damn regularly on FB or twitter and catching up on things. I talk to my other cousins off and on, but we dont have quite the rapport that Robert and I had, I guess us black sheep just had a language all our own. I have spoken to people I went to high school with and I found that I had more of a connection with them than I ever imagined, oddly enough, all because of that same odd little band! The world is a very small place Rog, and sometimes it feels like the strings that connect us all are wound a little tighter the closer you get to Texas. I have been thinking about making a trip back to West Texas to visit Robert and my kin, and now I have a friend back there to maybe see as well. Ive been dreaming about driving across West Texas lately. Dont know what the hell that means, but its been recurring over the past week or so and its a bit off for me. I never drive across West Texas during the day if im on my own, I never drive a small car, and I never go unarmed and in my dream I am doing all those things headed back WEST of all things!, so I dont know what it means, but maybe I need to do some research to sort it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment