About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dear Roger: Settling In

http://youtu.be/eb6oveLtMd8 Baby girls "Jacksons Purple Pants" video
Mornings around here are finally settling into a rhythm that sort of works, even though my son thinks its going to kill him to keep waking up at 0530 in the morning to shower. I swear teen age boys are not the friendliest creatures in the morning. He does his level best to empty the hot water heater of every drop of hot water so that I am assured to run out in the middle of my shower every morning, but I am pretty fast and efficient, so I am managing. Dealing with son has its ups and downs. He has the typical teen moodiness and that gets pretty old because I have the middle-aged, hormonal, thing going on myself so our clashes can get pretty epic. he also has discovered he likes to tease and harass me Bam Margera style and I dont react like the father, I react like a pissed of wolverine and so far he has found out I cant take him down is he makes the mistake of letting me get ahold of even his thumb. He may be over 8 inches taller than me and outweigh me by 70lbs, but when I am pissed, I tend to go berserk. No blood has been shed and we do end up laughing, but I am sure our neighbors think we are insane.
Spring is finally starting to show its face, though I am still having to wear a jacket most days. I am just a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold, so I will probably be wearing long sleeves or a jacket for the rest of my damn life if I stay up here. I do love Portland, but I dont like the cold. Texas has been getting hammered with tornadoes, at least I dont have to worry about that anymore. Daughter spent a chunk of yesterday afternoon praying hard for her little fella she is so fond of. Turns out he was in Stillwater,Oklahoma filming some movie,(why the hell anyone would be in OK in tornado season to film a movie is beyond me), and of course a huge storm track ended up headed right for where he was at. He tweeted out a sad little missive and she went high and to the right, freaking out. She started praying and sounding almost threatening in her conversation with God. Let me tell you, if that boy ever needed a lawyer, daughter would damn sure be able to get the job done because she was telling it like it is when it came to why her little fella should be spared. About an hour later he was fine as frogs hair and eating pizza and she said,"High 5 God!" and pirouetted around the living room for a bit before she went back to watching a show on animals and drawing. Son was grumbling about the fact that family in Texas was under tornado warning and she wasn't too concerned but let young Jackson get nervous and she freaks out. I told him that young Mr. Rathbone has been a fixture in her life a lot longer than anybody back there, so shes more invested in him emotionally. Its sad but true, she tells people she doesn't have grandparents and since I have disavowed my parents, she really doesn't.
Daughter has her talent show today and I am looking forward to seeing it. She ended up writing her own song and it has a harmonica solo to go with it, (influence of her favorite boy showing again), so it should be cute. She is quite the pistol and I uploaded her first video to youtube the other day after she wrote a song about young Jacksons tight purple pants. Its cute as hell I think, especially where she counts off the beat, and her dramatic style cracks me up. She is always trying to work in the harmonica in so that is there as well. She also insisted on thanking him at the end and that was just hysterical, but the real kicker was later in the evening when she came out of her room and seriously asked me,"Mom, do you think I will be a one hit wonder?"

No comments:

Post a Comment