About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dear Roger:Love You Long Time


My daughter. Good Lord that child. I often say that she is the greater beings sense of humor at work because there is no way a train wreck of a woman like me should have such a girly girl as a child. She has butt length curly blonde hair that she expects me to help her style when my idea of style is a pony tail stuffed under a ball cap. We got into an argument last night because she wanted me to paint her finger nails and toe nails, and I told her I didn't want her to do that because she is too young and because I am terrible at doing that, I mean seriously, it looks like a blind man with the tremors got ahold of house paint when I attempt it, but she wore me down and I let her do it.
She loves young Jackson Rathbone. I think we've talked about that before quite a bit, and I don't really deter her. She needs a decent male role model and she could do worse than him.
She celebrates his birthday pretty much the entire month of December and draws him cards and such. Last year I had to hike my ass to the post office to mail his card in the rain after she found it laying on my desk where I had stashed it thinking it would just go to some mailing center and be discarded anyway. I wont make that mistake ever again. She wanted to sing a song for him this year and after she worked on it for over a week with much drama and stress, she finally got something she was happy with and we got it recorded and I sent it off into the internet ether a little early thinking it would bounce from place to place and maybe get seen someday. Yeah...im a dumbass. Not only did he see it, he tweeted it out and thanked her for it setting off an avalanche of emails and tweets and comments and HOLY COW ! in my life. She was tickled to death he had actually seen it and that he knew she was thinking of him.
Shes a good hearted kid, and that was her whole motivation, to let him know she was wishing him a happy birthday. She prays for him every night and defends him from teasing by her brothers and others.
Her father wasn't pleased by all the attention, but then his gripe was,'She never does that kind of stuff for my birthday." yeah...well...I wont go into the reasons why, they are all public record, but she doesn't even know when his birthday is and I don't think she cares.
She adores a decent enough boy and I am happy to let it be. I remember when I was just a little bit older than her, standing in front of a stage I was barely tall enough to see over, watching a young man sing and strut around, my heart racing as I screamed my tweeny lungs out. I adored him and I had all his records and posters and concert t-shirts. He was pretty obscure and I got teased pretty hard for liking him as well, but 30 years later, the opening chords of one of his songs still brings the biggest grin to my face and news of a revival tour of the states has me contemplating going to L.A. for the first time in over a decade, just to see him. I get it, I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment