About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dear Roger: Boundaries! Dammit!

None of MY stuff is just MY stuff anymore. I dont really know when it happened that I lost control of all my stuff, but all of the sudden it seems, I started living in some kinda weird hippy commune where my kids feel free to use and borrow and just plain take MY stuff! My son is the worst about it, he helps himself to clothes,(yes, MY CLOTHES!)including my jeans and shirts, and my socks and jewelry. He outright swiped my Spencer Bell memorial necklace, claiming that "His music is for guys, and I just feel a connection to him, so im claiming this." He wears it constantly, so I guess he was serious. All of my Affliction t-shirts, and he tried to swipe my Dolce jeans, but when I commented you could see more than he wanted seen, he quickly gave them back. He takes my pens, head phones, dvd's, cd's, hats, and pretty much anything that strikes his fancy, but today I finally put my foot down and I meant it. He tried to take my towel.
I have a thing about people messing with my bath towels. I have a couple that I claimed as mine when we first moved and I keep them in my bathroom and no one is supposed to mess with them, but this morning he decided to grab my favorite towel out of the dryer and he used it! I dont even like people drying their hands on it, (yes, I may have an issue or two), so when he used it on his werewolfy body I was horrified and disgusted. The fact he left it laying in the floor of his bathroom only added insult to injury and I was ready to inflict serious trauma on his psyche for that. When he tried to grab it out of the dryer after I washed it today, and use it for his after track shower, I jumped up and chased him into the bathroom and grabbed it back. We had a bit of a tug of war over it and he claimed he was going to stuff it in his shorts, until I told him that if he did, I would do something crude to something of his and he would just have to figure it out. He let go of my towel after that, but I realized at that point that I have had enough. They broke my favorite coffee cup, used up all my pens so that I have had to write story ideas and take messages in crayon,(when I can find them), the tops of my socks are stretched out and weird things have been done to my socks that I dont even want to contemplate. They drink all my soda,(when I actually buy any), and they have no problem swiping and eating any chocolate I might have stashed. The only thing I manage to keep even remotely safe from them are extreme sour warheads and my tea and that is because they find them disgusting.
Its not like they lack for their own stuff, in fact I just spent $200 yesterday outfitting son for track. That was quite the experience in hell for both of us. He is soo damn picky about things and hes so uptight that its really hard to get through any shopping excursion without us ending up in some kind of bickering, rolling dog fight in the middle of a circus. We had to shop for something called,"Sliders" which as far as I could tell, are just overpriced spandex chones. He wanted Under Armour brand, which is probably my fault. I wore Under Armour t-shirts and stuff when I was a cop and I was happy with them and the quality, so I had bought him some other things in that brand. Well, first off I upset him when we had to ask some lil chicky clerk where the sliders were and she didn't know what they were, so I very helpfully described them as,"Spandex britches for runners that keep their bits from bouncing about." My son was not amused, in fact he was pretty ticked off that I said anything about bits in from of a girl that he thought was cute, so he pouted about that for a little bit. Then the UA sliders were $45 a pair! I may have said that I didn't know any men that had bits worth $45 and that upset him. I convinced him that Nikes were just as good, and if we saved on the sliders I could spend more on his shoes. Shoe shopping for him is a special kind of hell. He has huge feet, he hates white shoes, and he is a label whore. I managed to get him to actually find a good pair of shoes that he liked that cost less than half the amount of our budget, so I manged to also get him some Nike track pants, and a few t-shirts. He likes track quite a bit and hes good at it, so maybe that will provide him with a positive direction.
I gripe about him taking my stuff and being a pain in the butt at times,but he really makes me proud most of the time. He told me he wants to go to college and study Psychiatry and Music Theory/Performing Arts because while he wants to be a rock star/actor, he knows the likely hood of a poor unknown kid from the middle of nowhere making it, as either of those things is not highly likely, and he wants to have a good back up plan and he thinks being a psychiatrist is a good back up plan.
School is going good for him. He is pretty popular, especially with girls, and that seems to distress him quite a bit for some reason. I think the fact that girls seem more aggressive now days than they used to be, and he has been groped and flat out propositioned, and has had girls and even a couple of boys try to follow him home. He claims he doesn't like the attention, and he even claimed he wasn't going to wear all black any more because girls,"Just seemed to lose their damn minds" around him and think they can grope him, but I notice he wore black all week, so I think he likes the attention. He is a good kid and he has a good heart, but I think sometimes he forgets that he is just a kid and I am the Alpha around here. He came home yesterday and grabbed the tv remote and was about to change channels. I told him to wait, because his sister was waiting to see her favorite lil rockstar on Mtv. He rolled his eyes and acted like he was annoyed, stomping off into the kitchen, until said young rock star actually appeared on the program, then I looked up to see him standing in the dining room watching just as rapt as my small daughter was on what was being said. I told him,"You can admit to liking him you know, its okay. I wont judge." He sneered at me and muttered,"Shut it , mom!" This from the boy who was walking around the house last week singing the ,"I like your hair" song in "Dobby" voice just to harass me. For all his macho jock posturing, he tends to blur the lines just as well as the young rock star, and I think he likes messing with my mind.
My daughter is an unusual child. She was pacing around the living room last night with her Barbie phone, waving her hand about, speaking in a raised and forceful voice saying things like,"Tim! You need to listen to me! I am your lawyer and you have to trust my judgment and what I am doing, its what you pay me for." She then tells "Tim" to hold on because she had another call, and she clicked over to talk to someone named,'Aubrey" about what an "Idiot Tim was being and how she was ready to quit being his lawyer". I was sitting on the couch next to son and we were both looking at each other in amazement as this was going on in front of us, her pacing about like a tiny lawyer, very animated and looking ever the frustrated counselor. She came marching over to stand in front of me and she told Aubrey to hold on a minute and she even covered the mouthpiece of the phone,while she asked me,"Whats a good career for me that pays lots of money and has less stress than a lawyer?" Son and I both said, "Actress!" She smiled and got back on the phone with Aubrey and said,"You want to take over the case? I am done with him, im going to be an actress!" She then hung up the phone on Aubrey, called Tim, told him," Tim, I cannot work with someone who doesn't trust me, I quit and I am going to go be an actress!"
After she got off the phone with Tim, she called up Disney Studios and said,"Im Stevie, Im going to be the next big thing, so you can put me in movies now, im done being a lawyer." Son and I both aren't quite sure where all that came from, but we were both kind of glad to know there is a budding lawyer in the family, even if she does decide to be an actress for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment