About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Middle aged crazy, a little on the broken side,been to hell and back and still make side trips into Purgatory to indulge the masochistic side of my personality. I'm Texan,Southern,Over-educated,arrogant, temperamental,oversexed but under-indulged.Chasing after younger men and the happiness that has eluded me for most of my life.Music and literature are my passions.Finally living the dream in my idea of Heaven.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Roger:Ouch! For A Kid Whose Name Means "Lucky" in French, He Sure Has A Hard Time

Well, I think I have aged about 10 years in the past few days, and most of it is because of my son. Its not directly his fault, but rather the shit luck that he seems to have sometimes. The poor kid wants to be an actor, right? Well, you would think he would be a little more protective of his pretty face, but he seems to lead with it and he already had a nice scar on his chin that gives him an extra dimple, one on his forehead that he got when he was a baby and fell into a coffee table and split his face open, one over his eye that he got when he fell out of a bunkbed, and now, the best of all that could seemingly only happen to my son, an almost 2 inch long gash that is exactly between is eyes, onto the bridge of his nose!
He was in p.e., in the swimming pool because they were doing an aquatics block, he was minding his own business waiting for things to get set up while the teacher and another student moved the aquatics basketball hoop. Welll...something went wrong somewhere and the support for the hoop snapped and it fell, striking my son in the face. Thats right, a 2-300lb basketball hoop thingy,(pardon the technical term) fell and hit my kid in the face. So, hes got his gash in his face, a cracked nose, and a concussion. This makes his second concussion this year at this school! They called me and told me he had fallen in the pool area and that I needed to come and get him and take him to the doctor. That kinda pissed me off just a little, he should have been taken to the hospital! Hell, the first time he got a concussion during football, they sent his ass home, walking!!
Its a bit crazy that they seem a little unconcerned about kids getting bashed in the head like that. He has 5 butterfly stitches holding his face shut and will have a Harry Potterish scar to add to his collection. Perhaps he will be a character actor.
I am still dealing with my wisdom tooth issue. I finally broke and went to Urgent Care yesterday. The fact I was actually dealing with blood and obvious signs of infection and abscess, had me realizing that if I didn't do something soon, I was going to end up back in the hospital. Having a fever for a week makes me one cranky woman, and the pain that was shooting up under my eye was making me a bit psychotic. I was living on 3 year out of date Vicodin, so I knew something had to give. The doctor I saw was a bit odd, but he gave me a prescription for Keflex and oddly, and anti-fungal? I have no idea why he did that but what ever. I am taking the Keflex and I am going to research the anti-fungal before I take that. He also gave me a fresh scrip for Vicodin so maybe I wont damage my liver any more than necessary. My blood pressure was up for the first time in a long time. Normally I am freakishly low, as in 98/64 but yesterday is was cranking along at 128/88 and that freaked me out a bit because I was consciously trying to relax and I have really cut back on caffeine and all kinds of bad stuff and I work hard to stay in shape. I mean, hell! I had actually managed to get my weight up to 112, (though that was with boots and coat on), and I walk and exercise and try to stay limber. I should not have blood pressure that high. I am hoping it was just the fact I was in pain that had it so high. But anyway, I am working on getting this shit cleared up and I am trying to find someplace to get the wisdom teeth pulled so I wont have to deal with them again. My son is doing okay, though he has been a bit cranky due to the headaches. Small daughter is such a pistol, she pulled yet another tooth night before last and was very excited about it. She is such an odd kid, she just reached up and twisted it and POP, pulled the damn thing right out! She is saving up her money so she can buy the new 100 Monkeys album when it comes out,(I will buy it for her, hopefully for her birthday in March), or for a new t-shirt, but she is just fearless when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Its cold as all get out up here! I dont mind it, but I hate it when the wind blows, it seems to make the pain from my teeth worse, and that really makes me cranky.
My writing is coming along okay. I am writing an outtake from one of my main stories for the 'Fandom Against Domestic Violence" project, I am hoping the POV of the Young Rock Star will raise a few bucks for them, my muse has been a bit elusive lately because of the pain, but hes been wandering around on the periphery, so hopefully I will catch up with him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment